Bulk Pickup Events (Big Trash)
2021 Bulk Pickup Event (Big Trash) dates:
January - Free Dump Day on January 23, 2021
The City of Bethany will have a Free Dump Day on Saturday, January 23rd from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. This day allows citizens to drop off their bulk items at a designated location - Waste Connections, 7600 SW 15th Street. Citizens will need to bring a current water bill and an I.D. in order participate in the event. This event is for Bethany residents only, not businesses. Only one trip per customer is allowed and citizens are responsible for unloading their own items. Staff will be on site to confirm Bethany residency. The location of the event is at Waste Connections, 7600 SW 15th Street (Vicinity of 15th and Council). Please review the list below to see which items will not be accepted for the Free Dump Day.
For more information, please contact Public Works (405) 789-6284
Future Bulk Pickup Event dates are to be announced
Items that will not be collected:
• Refrigerators/Freezers or any other items containing chemical refrigerants;
• Any Liquids;
• Asphalt Shingles;
• Propane Tanks or pressurized cans;
• Commercial trash;
• Any other hazardous materials.
The City of Bethany's bulk waste cleanup happens quarterly. During this the event, the Public Works Department will use heavy equipment on streets with limited space. For their safety and yours, we would encourage residents to seek alternative routes if you encounter cleanup crews between the hours of 7:00 a.m.– 3:30 p.m. Please be advised that temporary street closures may occur and delays are possible. The following rules and guidelines should be followed by each residence wishing to participate.
Bulk Pickup Guidelines:
• Each residence is limited to 12 cubic yards (equivalent to 6 washing machines in a row stacked two high). This has changed from the 48 cubic yard limit in previous years; each cubic yard over the 12 cubic yard limit will be $7.00;
• All items must be placed within 12’ of the curb;
• Limbs and Branches should be placed parallel to the curb and should not be longer than 10’;
• Do not place items for pick up around fire hydrants, gas meters, under low lying trees or directly under overhead lines;
• Do not park cars in front of anything you want picked up;
• Do not stack trash against fence lines or next to mailboxes;
• Do not place waste curbside any earlier than the Friday before pickup.
If you miss your opportunity for curbside pickup, please feel free to use our Citizen Collection Station located at 5300 N. Central Ave. We will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. M-F during the week of bulk pickup. Please bring your water bill and a photo ID for proof of residency.